10/5/10

Pottery Boyfriends

Today, after helping, (took four of us), hang a ten foot x five foot piece of whiteboard wallpaper, (you can find anything on-line), I needed a break.

Being unemployed is not enough of one apparently.

So I headed up to Cedar Creek in Creedmor. I had a 20% off coupon, and a coupon must be used - especially up there. It is my birthday month after all.

A heron keeps an eye out
Giant dragonfly seat

Hand blown glass by Lisa Oakley
Ready for their close-up











It was pretty quiet being the middle of the day on a weekday, I had the whole place to myself.

[One of] my pottery boyfriends, Brad Tucker, was in the gallery hanging out with the nice ladies who work there. I said "Hi pottery boyfriend.", and we all laughed.


A few minutes later, as I pondered which of Brad's pieces would come home with me, he came back in with a paper bag and said "This is for you pottery girlfriend."
Inside the bag was this mug:




Wasn't that sweet?
Then I bought this bowl - coupon well spent.
I imagine popcorn will taste extra delicious when eaten out of this bowl.

The glaze on the bowl is is an ash glaze. Ash and soda (aka salt) glazes are my favorites. The salt pits the surface, giving it a texture similar to orange peel.
I also like the crackle and copper/bronze metallic glazes in raku, but raku is often more expensive and less functional than I like my pieces to be (they often can't hold liquids).

Anyway, that was most of my day. I want to take a nap, but I'm afraid that would be a bad habit to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment