8/20/10

"Let's Go Crazy"



Please note: no cats crossed the Rainbow Bridge during the writing of this blog post.
DL - put down that Kleenex.
********************************************

Dearly Beloved,
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called "life"
Electric word, life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time...

If you don't like the
World you're living in
Take a look around
At least you've got friends...

Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down?
Oh no, let's go!
Prince - "Let's Go Crazy"

I know, the picture has nothing to do with the lyrics. He's just a funny cat. At no time in my life have I ever had another cat that lounged around like that. Finn makes me laugh, and I need all of that I can get. So that's why that picture's there.

The job search has begun. I sent my resume out last week to two places and one said they'd keep my resume on file because in two years if they expand, they'll need an office manager.

I laughed.
That may have been the wrong response.

Have an application from Trader Joe's in front of me.

I want to be in denial. And drink heavily.

Probably neither one of those is a good idea.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I do hope you're kidding about the 'drink heavily' thing. You are, right? Oh, and if your world isn't the way you want it, I would add one more idea--change it however you can. There is always *something* we can make better. Always.

    Hang in there.... You've just started, and well, these things take time. Spend the time seeking as much encouragement as you can and be kind to yourself, ok? Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tough. On many levels.

    Good thing there's cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Drink heavily" under hobbies would make the interview more fun for the HR person. That's a dull job right there, it would be a kindness.

    The last time I laughed at the wrong time in an interview I was 16 and the woman had looked at my mother's name (Bettijo) and said, "Is your mother Mexican?" Yes! BettiHO, most people miss that! HAHAHAHAH

    If laughing is wrong, do we want to be right?
    -- still can't figure out URL, this is Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra - I'm kidding. Mostly. :)

    Andrea - yes, cats are good!

    Anon. CP - you are hilarious! Always.

    ReplyDelete