8/20/10

Rivalries

I was in Firehouse Subs in Durham earlier this week and noticed their mural.



It made me laugh. Out loud.

Firehouse Subs was started in Jacksonville, FL by firemen and each franchise has a mural involving the fire department that relates to the town it's in.

For those of you who don't live in NC and/or who aren't fans of college sports (a religion here in the South), UNC Chapel Hill and Duke University have a huge rivalry that peaks during March Madness.

The fireman is representing the Duke Blue Devils. The fiery ram - you guessed it - UNC. (Duke won the championship this year) When UNC wins, they close off Franklin Street (the heart of Chapel Hill and the campus) and have a bonfire.

Anyway, it made me laugh. You probably won't, but hey, it's my blog man.

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny Kim. Are you a Duke or UNC fan. Since moving to NC we had to choose one so since my daughter Stephanie attended UNC we decide to be Tar Heels:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm neither. I live right about in the middle so I figure I need to be Switzerland. ;)

    ReplyDelete