11/24/11

Itchy

Isn't that the name of the cat on The Simpsons? (Ah, no. That would be the mouse. Scratchy is the cat.)

I have pityriasis rosea on my neck and chest.
Don't worry, it's not contagious. It's caused by one of them there herpes viruses (maybe). Just how many of those stupid herpes things are there?! I think it's fair to say that none of them are good.

Guess what else? I'm in the lucky (heh) 2% who have a yearly re-occurrence. For the past four years it has appeared in the fall. Yes, there are scarves - except...dun dun dun...heat makes it worse.

It was first misdiagnosed as a yeast infection by a regular MD. At their suggestion, Vagisil was purchased to slather on my neck. It did nothing except cause embarrassment at check out. 

When I went for my annual cheap Irish complexioned visit to the dermatologist, it had just cropped up again. He kinda snorted when he heard the yeast infection diagnosis then prescribed some cortisone ointment. Which thankfully, (hey, a thanks giving!), blessedly, makes the itching stop.

Well another cup of coffee, then I'm off to Whole Foods for some turkey and to visit with Mom for a bit.


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson







No comments:

Post a Comment