9/14/10

Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow

Little Bunny Foo-Foo got her hair done today. Doesn't it look nice?

She was in a real giggly good mood this afternoon when her unemployed daughter came to pick her up.
She even thought this picture looked like her.

The bird house is borrowed from outside, she thinks it's hers. I still can't believe I missed out on all those displays she used to do. Maybe she'll get back in a creative groove soon.

She was ready to get something to eat. We had to take off one of the three shirts she had on first.

On the way to K&W, I was yawning like crazy. (Didn't have my 18 ounces of coffee this morning.)
She asked if I "was a chin."
When I seemed unclear as to whether I was or not, she started laughing.
"You don't know what that is?" She was incredulous.
Afraid not. Do you mean chimp?
"Oh god no."
More laughter.

She noticed the newly paved sections of 54.
"They've done lots of that. It will be good for going there."
Indeed it will.

K&W was closed when we got there at 3:30. Who knew they closed between 2:30 and 4:00 PM?
We slipped over to Harris Teeter to get some Pepsi's. That took up the exact amount of time.

Watermelon, her beloved strawberries and bananas in florescent red gelatinous goop, potato salad, baked chicken (different), lemon meringue pie and sweet tea.

Dear readers, let us stray for a moment from this gastronomical description to have a word about iced tea.
Unlike other regions in the United States, when you order iced tea in the South, unless you specify otherwise, it will be sweet tea.
Sweet enough to send your pancreas into shock and give you a sugar high akin to Halloween's. There was a freshly made pitcher, (Tupperware of course), of sweet tea in our refrigerator at all times. (We children were only allowed to have it on special occasions.) Proof that we were Southern, no matter where we lived on the planet.

Back to the meal: once again we have the utensil confusion and the crabby face that comes with suggestions.
Wouldn't it be better to eat the strawberry banana glop with a spoon rather than a fork?

Her:
Stink eye.
Pout.
Pushing bowl away.

Me:
Ignoring.

She hardly eats any chicken.
"It looks funny."
You said that's what you wanted.
"I don't remember that."

Oy to the vey.

When we paid the bill she thought the woman said four "dogs" in change, instead of "dollars".
She probably needs a hearing aid, but what are the chances she be able to find it, let alone use it? Slim to none, me thinks.

"Yo Gabba Gabba" was on TV when we came back. Nick, Jr. is her cable selection of choice now. A few weeks ago it was the TV Guide channel.

I know a lot of people/moms are creeped out by YGG. I shall confess here to a bit of the fascination.
Especially by Moono, who looks a bit like a...hmmm, how do I say this...well, a B.O.B. if you will.

Come on, doesn't he?! Don't tell me I'm the first person to think that.

Anyway, tomorrow we will "go play" and get her nails done.

We will not, however, be taking the Wynwood van.

Even though she said it would be okay.

3 comments:

  1. When I grow old...I'm gonna wear purple (shirts). As many as I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this? It's very sad, sweet, and funny, but I must confess I have no idea what Yo Gabba Gabba is, or Moono, or B.O.B. for that matter. Are these southern things? I have a feeling I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, you are not the first person to ask about B.O.B., so I guess I will have to address it.

    "Yo Gabba Gabba" is a children's show.
    It's this generation's "Barney", (big purple dinosaur adored by children, abhorred by parents)

    First, Google "Yo Gabba Gabba" - look for the orange one with one eye, that's Moono.

    B.O.B. = battery operated boyfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete