9/21/10

That Didn't Take Long

What didn't, you ask?

Going from:
in-bed-by-10:00PM-5:30AM-wake-up-work-by-6:30AM functional person
to:
an up-past-midnight-pajama-wearing-until-noon-do-I-really-need-to-shower?-nah lazy a$$.

How long did it take exactly?

One lousy week.

Because underneath the organized exterior lurks a procrastinating troll. 
Just call me Scarlett [the troll]...Fiddle dee dee

The truth is, except for that little ole money issue, being out of work is kinda okay. I think most people would agree.

It's amazing what I can find to do (besides nothing): Wait while my oil's changed; shop at Whole Foods when nobody else is (and actually find a place to park); wander the aisles of Home Depot to my heart's content; have lunch with friends; visit Vespertine Cafe in Pittsboro to stock up on goat's milk soap; hang out with the cats.

I also do a lot of deep thinking. What the heck, I've got the time.

For instance:

What is the deal with people wearing big giant scarves with sleeveless blouses and shorts? It is 90 degrees outside, you do not need a scarf. Also, all of the above plus a pair of boots.

In the same WTH vein - what is the deal with making pajama sets of shorts and a tank top out of flannel or a sweatshirt type material? Huh?! Is that for people who can't decide if they're hot or cold? I do not get it.

And as long as we're talking fashion, (because, obviously, me and Ralph Lauren are like this [insert image of crossed fingers here]), designers - enough already with the hoodies and ruching. Please GO AWAY now.
If I see both those things on a garment I want to cancel my subscription to Vogue.

Okay, I'm exhausted. More deep thoughts tomorrow.
Maybe.
If I get up before noon.

2 comments:

  1. Same thing going on over here. I was in Home Depot for an hour the other day comparing different kinds of caps for my railing fence. I enjoyed wandering the aisles after deciding on the kind I wanted, and I thought it would really be fun to spend more time there, but I had to (sooner or later) get over to Michael's Crafts store, or whatever it's called, to buy a special bulb for a lamp. Except for the goat's milk soap, I think we're leading twin lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hardware stores and home improvement stores. Even if I don't buy anything, it's fun to walk up and down every aisle and just look at stuff.

    ReplyDelete