9/11/10

I Heart Durham

Tonight my friend Rosemary, she of the cat show, and I went to the Craven Allen Art Gallery to an opening for Michele Maynard (lovely textile collages), and perchance a hunk of horseradish cheese.



Which they didn't have. Dangitbreath!

Saw some adorable paintings of technicolor onions. Doesn't sound charming at all, but they really were. Wish I had the disposable income (wish I'd taken a picture!). (I did not get the job BTW).

On the way to Craven, we spied this rather intriguing truck:



That's right people, a Taqueria/Indian food truck.




Shut your piehole.

We made a pact to stop on the way back. It's in the parking lot of Nice Price Books on Broad Street, should you wish to take a little trip. 5 PM - 9 PM Monday through Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday.
The nice man in the book store, when asked if the food was good, said it was the best thing to happen to him since he started working there. High praise indeed!

I believe Rosemary and I would agree with him.

Michael, the truck operator, made my food spicy, per my request. The Indian tacos were just so-so, but the Aloo Palak (potatoes and spinach) and Eggplant Bhurtha were delicious. Rosemary had a Chana Masala (chickpeas) that was wonderful. More than enough food for two meals.

And that is just one of the reasons I heart Durham.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygah I'm buying a ticket to Durham tonight. Then I'm hijacking the bus to get back home. I'll hijack the driver, too, so he can cook for me all the way north. It's much like a long-delayed dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    I have never been to Craven Allen Art Gallery. How fun. I will have to check it out. There is so much to see and do and eat in our area that I am not aware of. I will have to get out and explore a bit more:-) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete