8/26/11

Know What I've Done All Day?

Mostly nothing, 'cause I'm on PTO time. Read just about every one of my old blog posts and took a shower.

Thinking about going to Kohl's - have coupon, will shop.

No Irene symptoms yet.

Doing what I call the "meat" diet. Basically Atkins. No bread, pasta, starch, sugar (mostly no sugar); I'm the one with the shopping cart full of cheese, bacon, full fat whipped cream  - and sugar free Jell-o.
The plus side - no headaches in the AM and fitting into pants I haven't fit into in a while.
The minus side - I'm cranky (more so than usual) and tired. It's-3PM-get-out-of-my-way-I-need-a-nap tired.

***************************************************

Went to Kohl's with my 20% off coupon in hand, found some things for Mom and a couple for me.
When I came out of the store at 8:00 PM, this was the sky to the left:



Then I cheated on my hairdresser. Because standing in the dressing room at Kohl's, the thing happened.

The thing being I looked in the mirror and there, before me, was...

(cue Psycho music)...

my grandmother.

Yeah.
I had been letting my hair grow out a bit, but when it gets to a certain point, the thing happens and I HAVE to cut it - STAT. So I ran over to Great Clips. I KNOW. Cheating on JP with Great Clips.

When my cheatin' heart finished with the tawdry chore, the first bit of rain from Irene was falling; lasted about five minutes.
More to come probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment