1/18/11

Carpetbaggers

An acquaintance was re-doing her house and mentioned that because of her eighteen year old cat, she was trying to find carpet the color of cat vomit. I thought that was hilarious!

Until I had three cats.

I don't know what it is about carpet and what is known around here as cat HUCK, (an onomatopoeia if you will.), but like peanut butter and jelly, they just go together. Whether you want them to or not.

Go ahead, put in hardwood floors. Oh clever you, thinking you've outsmarted them. HA HA!

Fool.
They're laughing at you behind their furry little paws. (I imagine it sounds like Muttley  - even though he's a dog.)

Cats will find, and upchuck on, the one scrap of carpet in a house. Perhaps it's in front of the back door, so you can unknowingly track it through the rest of the house. Area rugs? Fair game sister.
Have carpet in your bedrooms only? Of course it's in the white/beige color palette. So inviting.


I'm not sure which is worse - camouflage, (aids in the stepping in - usually when you're barefoot), like the rug to the right or the stains on the above.

It doesn't happen often. Just enough to keep me on my toes (ha!) and wishing I owned stock in paper towels.

I believe all three of them plot the deposit of their next present during the day while I'm out, laughing like Muttley all the while.

1 comment:

  1. Don't leave dogs out my friend. Rocky has episodes as well and it's no fun for sure.

    ReplyDelete