1/15/11

Oh Noooooo

I'm two days behind on my posts! I had a reserve built up and it's gone.

Well, today was jam packed.
First a walk, followed by a trip to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit at NCMA - it was SO crowded you couldn't get a good look at anything. I'd like to go back during a week day (make the most of being unemployed!) and see the Audubon collection as well as the Eric Carle exhibition.
Then happy hour at P.F. Chang's (which BTW, PF, was better before you changed it).

Watching "The Prisoner" (from Netflix) What a trip.
Why is British TV so much better than ours? A question I often ponder. One thing - they know when to stop, unlike us. We let series go on. And on. And on.
"Life on Mars" (one of the best police/sci-fi type shows ever) - only two seasons. And the ending? Brilliant.

Anyway, guess that's it for now.

Oh - I had a job interview on Friday. The first one since November.We'll see. I'm saying no more...

3 comments:

  1. Kim I sure know what it's like to be job hunting. In 99 the large company that bought the company I worked for decided to do away with the job I had but gave me a severance package that paid me for 6 months which was a blessing but I had the most difficult time finding new employment since I was over 50. At the end I applied for unemployment and received one check before I actually got a job. Don't want to ever go through that again. Stressful. Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim,
    I really wanted to go to the Norman Rockwell exhibit. Is it free? If so I may have to go over and check it out, on a weekday:-) Good luck with the interview on Friday, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Take Care,
    Kathiey

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kathiey, I think Rockwell ends on Jan. 30.

    It's free - IF you join the Museum, otherwise it's $15.
    Joining is a great deal - for the tax deduction plus you get a free ticket (or more depending on your level - couple gets two free tickets) to every exhibit. Discount (believe it's 10%) off the restaurant, gift shop, plus other discounts/free stuff.

    http://www.ncartmuseum.org/membership/membership_overview/

    ReplyDelete